Concerts an opportunity for free outdoor fun
The Summer Concert Series at WCU is under way. Presented by ACE, the concerts happen at 7 p.m. each Thursday through June and July on the lawn of the A.K. Hinds University Center.
The concerts are free and the audience is invited to bring blankets, chairs and snacks. Rain location is inside the UC.
This year’s acts are:
- June 14, StereoFidelics – A high-energy indie-funk-shred-rock duo out of Asheville.
- June 21, The Back Pages – Folk and Southern rock, psychedelic and hard rock classics from Asheville.
- June 28, Duende Mountain Duo – Live instrumentation alongside computer-based production and DJ-inspired transitions from Asheville.
- July 5, The House – Rock from Sylva.
- July 12, Rafe Hollister – Roots music with traditional bluegrass instruments makes for “mountain rock” out of Maggie Valley.
- July 19, Dead Surf – Surf-inspired four-piece outfit out of Columbia, S.C.
- July 26, The Buchanan Boys – Country rock five-piece band from Jackson County.
For more information, contact Lori Davis, assistant director for campus activities, at 828-227-3622 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
| The Reporter
Photos | WCU News Services